Blue Guard Innovations Solid-State Bilge Pump Switch with High Water Alarm
Solid-State Bilge Pump Switch with High Water Alarm
The BG-SWA (Solid-State Bilge Pump Switch with High Water Alarm) is a highly reliable bilge pump switch that is the ideal replacement for unreliable mechanical float switches with an integrated high water alarm. The BG-SWA uses two integrated sensors to detect liquid in the bilge while reliably activating the bilge pump. Having no moving parts that can be jammed or damaged, the solid-state BG-SWA is built to outlast all the mechanical float switches on the market today while alerting you of water presence in your bilge. The BG-SWA is CE and ISO 8846 Marine Ignition Protection Certified, tested to ABYC-1500 standards. Patented technology.
How It Works:
The BG-SWA will activate the bilge pump when water or any liquid is detected. The BG-SWA triggers the high water alarm when water is detected continuously for 3 seconds after the first detection (factory default setting) indicating that the bilge pump is either overwhelmed with excessive rising water or not working. Based upon bilge and pump size, the user can configure the alarm activation delay from 3-10 seconds. The BG-CP is recommended to display and sound the alarm. Users can use their existing panel with equivalent functions. The alarm output of the BG-SWA is a 12 or 24 Vdc with 1 amp max drive. The BG-SWA can be tested and its status can be viewed using the BGI Config App, which can be downloaded from the App Store or Google Play. The App is used on a mobile device with Bluetooth to wirelessly connect to the BG-SWA device. The App will report the input voltage level and system temperature. It also allows changing the name of the device for easy identification and testing the device. Set the pump run time after water detection via the BGI Config App. The high water alarm timing can be configured via the BGI Config App. The configurable range is 3-10 seconds. The BG-SWA also offers programmable splash protection, which can be used in rough waters or foul weather conditions to prevent false pump activation which can result in the pump running dry. Splash protection modes includes High (2 seconds, factory default setting), Medium (3 seconds), Low (5 seconds), and OFF.
With IP-68 rated durability, the BG-SWA is made with rugged, non-corrosive ABS plastic. The sensor comes with a heavy-duty mounting bracket to attach to a bulkhead or frame with #8×0.75” 316 stainless steel screws. Heavy-duty 14 gauge marine grade wires connect the BG-SWA to the bilge pump and the BG-JBox (Junction Box) that should be mounted high on a bulkhead, keeping the connections dry and reliable. The BG-SWA extends the life of the bilge pump due to its ability to significantly reduce current spikes during the activation of the pump.The BG-SWA has two integrated sensors to ensure a reliable and accurate detection.
- 2 integrated sensors - solid-state with no moving parts or mechanical float switches that can easily be damaged
- Solid-state bilge pump switch rated for up to 20 amp bilge pumps
- Integrated Bluetooth connectivity- connects to the BGI Config App available on IOS and Android devices
- CE and ISO 8846 Marine Ignition Protection Certified
- Alarm Output: 12 or 24 Vdc, 1 amp max
- Max Current: 20 amps
- Operating Voltage: 12 or 24 Vdc
- Operating Temperature Range with Full Functionality: 32F -158F
- Operating Temperature Range: -22F - 185F
- Five Wire System: Heavy-duty 14 gauge marine grade wires, 6ft long
- IP-68 Rated Durability: Rugged, non-corrosive ABS plastic housing and mounting bracket
- Compact Size: Without Mounting Bracket- 4.6in D x 2in H / With Mounting Bracket- 5.9in L x 4.6in W x 2.0 in H
Over 300 Brands at Your Fingertips
We have great relationships with some of the most respected and reliable brands in the business and we are here to pass on the benefits of those relationships to you, the client. With CWR, you can be assured that our customer service team is providing the best, most accurate, and most up-to-date information about your products.
Top Selling Blue Guard Innovations Products
Knowledge About Products
If you need technical help with any of our products, we can help with that. Whether a product isn't working correctly or your customer has questions about its operation that you aren't quite sure how to answer, we have your back, and we know what we're talking about.
Become a CWR dealer and get:
- instant access to our dealers-only website
- Wholesale pricing from over 300 brands
- No minimum order
- Flat rate shipping as low as $7.95
- Free FTP and website integration
BECOME A DEALER